PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Expands International Routes
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 07:48
crosscutter

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
T Vasis... You fairly represent the attitude of current Qantas management. Allow me to tell you why I, at least, find it annoying.

1. QF red tail fleet decisions have been mismanaged. Wrong choices have been made over the last 15 years. No need to bash the dead horse but it's a massive horse never acknowledged by management. It's one of the biggest factors in QF's recent woes. Cue Air NZ comparisons whilst acknowledging your points.

2. Jetstar, Internationally has underachieved. Yet it has been given capital. Qf was told to get further capital it had to meet its cost of capital. The hypocracy is frustrating. Put simply, the Ivory tower must be disappointed. Unfortunately, thousands of employees have lost their job.

3. The attitude under Joyce has been Jetstar can do, Emirates can do, Air NZ can do...Qantas can't do. Your previous post also suggests this annoying attitude. If management showed the same tenacity advancing the QF business as they did defending the Jetstar money pit, it may be easier to argue that they didn't, in fact, take their eye off the ball in favour of some pipe dream. Unfortunately, thousands of people have lost their job.

4. Joyce grounded Qantas. It is his legacy. I will never forgive him. It was the wrong decision saved by a weak government.

5. The recent management decisions to improve aircraft utilisation and to change the value of the fleet to reduce depreciation expense, is not rocket science. In fact, I see it as another clear example of this management failing their stakeholders. Why wasn't it done years ago?

The prevailing attitude I have is that management gave up on Qantas for the last 5 years. Brushed it under the carpet. It's very sad.

Last edited by crosscutter; 19th Apr 2015 at 07:59.