PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2015, 09:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiggy

Any additional risks stemming from the introduction of such
procedures or measures should be assessed and mitigated."
I too agree that the EASA comments are a sensible and balanced approach.
this last bit is rather vague?

I can only presume it means that the airlines need to consider the additional risks of allowing CC onto the flight deck with one pilot present.

A free for all allowing any CC to take up that role would indeed add risk maybe greater than the risk of a rogue FO and should be mitigated.

i could see a CC rating/ endorsement for flight deck procedures with training both on simulator and classroom as well as length of service and experience being a move which would substantially lower that risk and make that CC a useful addition to over all safety and risk mitigation. The cost would be in the extra training and the extra pay those CC should have for holding such an endorsement. Even give them the right to wear a half gold bar on the uniform to identify such endorsed CC

For me the above a re look at the door system with a blocking override ability and a system put in place for colleagues to be able and more aware of expressing concerns over an individual pilot is all that needs to be or should be done

Last edited by Pace; 10th Apr 2015 at 10:14.