PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opting Out EK Accomodation
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 20:45
p101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ByMonk, I wrote that post to all who were reading the thread and that was quite obvious. Maybe you have an agenda and that is fine but don't pretend that what I wrote wasn't truthful or at least my opinion.
Why would you attack me for presenting my view regarding the Accommodation Allowance?
Prices ARE LOW by comparison to past prices. That is for certain. I was astounded to read what you wrote regarding prices in Dubai as compared to say, most other places. No kidding, Dubai is an anomaly but that doesn't mean that prices aren't good as compared to even 1 year ago.

My friend has several apartments in Dubai and he is wishing to sell but can't find a buyer BECAUSE they are few buyers now. Hence, the Property Market is slow and prices are listed as lower for sure. But very few people are buying right now. The Russians are gone, the Iranians are deciding to invest in their own country, the Americans don't want anything to do with Dubai and even the lunatic Brits are realizing that Dubai is a facade. But there are millions of Middle Eastern people trying to find a safe haven.

I don't agree with the past Market prices in Dubai but reality is reality. I think property prices in Dubai have been way too high ever since 2005 but the Market decides what is the value. If people buy at whatever cost, then that is what dictates the price. Heck, you can purchase a great place in the Marina or DIFC, a one bedroom for a relatively decent price now.

IMHO, the prices are at a decent level now, just wait until the USA or Saudi starts bombing some closer countries and you will see the prices in Dubai hit the roof. Dubai is the last refuge for many people within 1000km of Dubai. It's perceived as a safe haven. (not that I totally agree with that but once again, perception is sometimes reality).