PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 16:48
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the EU Regulation 1178/2011, which is implemented in Germany since April 2013 Aeromedical Examiners must inform the Office of a depression and refer the case to the LBA. Now the Lufthansa Flyer doctors can indeed say that L. had been healed, so that there was no reason for referral. But there was still the SIC entry in the license. No matter how you turn it: It does not look good for Lufthansa and their physicians.
The physicians actually have nothing to do with it. They do not see the license and don't need to. They do see the medical which is the only place that should carry the SIC entry, which it didn't in Lübitz' case. The german LBA is sometimes not working to its rules, in my first EASA license they had my medical restrictions entered as well, in the next one i got issued half a year later they were gone and remain solely in the medical where they belong.

An SIC entry in the license is just an "for information only" and not binding, the only place where it is binding is in the medical. The EASA license doesn't have an expiration date whereas the medical has.