PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2015, 14:40
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian W
I am constantly surprised by the low opinion 'front crew' have of the 'rear crew'.

Most of the cabin crew are very very aware of the progress of the flight as they have a set number of tasks to carry out in sometimes very brief periods. Starting descent just after level off when the flight attendant is aware that there is an hour to go would be extremely suspicious. All the flight attendant does then is open the door. This becomes extremely likely when the aircraft is in high rate descent approaching mountains.

You also need to take into account that the 'alone in the cockpit' part was needed as most suicides are solitary events.
Don't put words into my mouth. I do not have a low opinion of cabin crew.

How many crew have you spoken to about this recently? I've asked four if they'd know what I was doing and how to stop me and ALL of them admitted they wouldn't have a clue. They wouldn't open the door if I asked them not to. The two person in the FD rule will not stop a recurrence of Lubitz.

And I'm speaking as someone who has flown for two airlines who have had the two person rule since 9/11 and I don't have a problem with it.