PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2015, 06:47
short_final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day guys and girls...I have just had a go at setting up weight and balance for evektor Sportstar plus in ozrunways...I have had a lot of trouble however I think i have got it....the only way I could get it to work or even come close was by converting the sportstars POH envelope from having weight (kg) on the Y axis and moment (kg.m) on the X axis.....to instead having length (cm) on the X axis (weight still in Y axis)...I only did it because the app asks for "weight" and "long" when entering the plot points for the envelope...and all I did was work back from the moment (kg.m) to find the length of the arm. when I did it (I.e. I put all the points into the app) the same as the POH (weight X kg.m) it didn't even come close...
when I did it by changing the axis units as above (to weight X arm length) it turned out to be very similar to the cog envelope that is also in the Poh that determines what %MAC the cig position is at...which I thought was a good sign....also when I did dummy tests on it against the POH envelope that I usually use the one I created works very very well. If anyone wanted screen shots of what I did let me know.

So long story short try doing it by inputting the envelope points as weight for Y Axis and length for X axis...I hope I haven't confused this....let me know if I am way off too guys