PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2015, 12:47
oldoberon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we have initial FDR reports stating that there were deliberately entered speed changes (seems he wanted to ensure no survivors).

That should be that, no more he could have been unconscious, frozen with fear etc etc. It was deliberate.

Ah but I read, it could have been system inputs because they have not told us which method he used to make these speed changes, aand do they actually know themselves.

I fully believe if they did not have conclusive proof these were pilot driven changes they would not have siad so.

Time to accept the inevitable If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, IT'S A DUCK!

Cabin crew on FD:-

RE CC on FD, since 9/11 how many attempted incidents have there been on aircraft using CC on FD utilise the CC, to my knowledge ZERO, how many incidents on those not using it which may have been prevented, one maybe two (MH370), and yes I accept there was incident with both pilots on the FD.

Most terrorist organisations are not stupid they know which airlines use CC on FD, but do not appear to have used it as an aid to terrorism, on the other hand neither has there been a big terrorist incident on those airlines not using CC on FD. Conclusion is something else is deterring this avenue for terrorist groups.

Is this why they tried shoe bombers, underpants bombers, mix your own inflight bombers, and various bomb plots on freighters, clearly the total "ground side" is much much better, yes we have to win everytime they only have to win once in a while.

Hence the CC on flight deck to allow entry is an extra (but not ultimate) protection against crew lock out.

Last edited by oldoberon; 3rd Apr 2015 at 13:06.