PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 16:35
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an employment prospect, I might agree.

With regards to safety & medically I do not - you are either fit, or unfit, and that is determined by whether or not you hold a medical. I know of many colleagues in my airline who have had "events" in their past - personal, medical, mental, physical - some prior joining, some after. I am sure all airlines are the same - pilots are human after all
Nigel I agree 100% with you but would further add that we do not know if what has been published so far if correct answers the question of what exact mental condition leads to someone planning a suicide but also planning to leave their name in history by carrying out an awful murder of 150 people?

By all means identify that specific mental illness and if you can identify people with the trait to wipe out a school yard of kids with a gun or down an aircraft with 150 innocent people on board then do so as they have no place in aviation.

But not a Witch hunt on responsible caring people who have gone through a life event! We still do not have a diagnosis as to what was wrong with this guy that he can do such an evil act only a broad brush ?

Touron added: “The overriding feeling among the teams is of injustice; that these people who didn’t deserve to die were killed intentionally seems so unjust. We cannot do anything for them, so we are making a very big effort for their families.”

Last edited by Pace; 2nd Apr 2015 at 17:07.