PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 16:22
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who did employ him in the first place after a burn out during initial training ? Abinitio pilot training isn't exactly Navy Seal training and to experience a severe depressive syndrom during that time at age 22/24 isn't very promising for the future. The guy should have been sent packing. Lufthansa isn't a charity, nor is any major airline.
So, maybe the German authorities gave him a medical, but LH decided to employ him and I am sorry......but I see grounds for loss of trust, medical or not.
This job is demanding enough as it is with life throwing its load of divorces, messed up kids and God kows what....to allow someone with a mental problem at such a young age to be employed by an airline.
As an employment prospect, I might agree.

With regards to safety & medically I do not - you are either fit, or unfit, and that is determined by whether or not you hold a medical. I know of many colleagues in my airline who have had "events" in their past - personal, medical, mental, physical - some prior joining, some after. I am sure all airlines are the same - pilots are human after all