PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2015, 08:26
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Mary

you quote from an incident which highlights all that is wrong in the industry and compounds the fears of the average line pilot.
Glen carried out an approach which should never had started and wouldn't have done bar an alleged "illegal" dispensation given to him from a duty flight manager.
The crew was sick and taking medication...presumably prescribed by the company doctor...the autopilot had a fault which hadn't been properly rectified and they were fatigued.
Many of us had the feeling that if anyone should have been prosecuted it was management....but of course they weren't and there was a rumour that relevant tech log entries went awol.

After posting on here I was contacted by an ex mate who wanted to know more details of what I knew with respect to the management pilot..end of friendship.

In a similar vein I posted in support of a Captain - another operator and authority - who had been fired as he had stated that he didn't have anywhere to go with problems...especially the authority...result was I received a letter from the revenue investigation department...dirty business I'm sad to say.