PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2015, 14:48
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness ... If you revisit the line which you quote from my earlier posting, you will note that I refer to MAN as "our hub solution". "Our" in this case referring to the North of England. Note also that word "solution". I do not refer to MAN as a mature hub or the finished article. It is a work-in-progress. But if developed to its full potential alongside the UK's other large regional airports, it is a solution offering UK plc far greater value for money than the prohibitively expensive proposals for LHR R3. And actually a BETTER solution than LHR for the regions themselves.

Now, that is the second occasion I've answered the same question over recent days in response to your challenges. Now, your turn. How about you enlighten us about the issue which you so carefully avoid? Can you explain to us how spending almost three times the inflation-adjusted cost of delivering the entire Channel Tunnel project on constructing just one additional runway at LHR makes financial sense over developing the major airports in the regions at a small fraction of the price? And please let's stick to the numbers on this one. The 'London Pride' angle doesn't wash too well with we investment-starved provincials in Manchester.