PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Air Connectivity Fund - 19 routes
Old 29th Mar 2015, 20:30
philbky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EK77WNCL
If it includes a Lufty codeshare I wish DSA-FRA the best of luck, very very few international routes on there which is a real shame! I'd have loved to have seen NCL-FRA in place of... Say, MME-BFS/BHD.

I reckon quite a lot of those 19 will get through, if any don't I'd say they would probably be MME-BFS/BHD, DND-AMS and possibly SOU-LYS... Do they have a say on whether frequency can be reduced? Double daily is definitely too much I think.

I don't think many will last the 3 years though... If 10 out of the 19 made it I'd be very very surprised and probably call it a success. I think about 5 might make it. With a removal of domestic APD however! Very different story potentially!

I assume the new Scottish routes labeled "TBC" will be flown by the chosen operator of their beautiful new Viking twotters?
This is the Tory sop to the regions, a short term promise to offset the mega millions they are to spend on Heathrow. Most of these are not viable. In three years time this will have gone by the board.