PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will secure Cape York RPT routes
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2015, 13:17
Justa Dash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dijical
Story in Cairns Post: Rex airline will be officially welcomed to Cairns Airport after its first flight from Bamaga

To me, the interesting quote in the story (my emphasis) is:

Rex Queensland State Manager Steve Jones said the airline would make some big announcements at the welcoming ceremony. “There’ll be announcements of new flights, which will be really good for the region,” he said.
Amazing! Touting growth when the new QGOV contracts are apparently generating over 450 complaints per month. These include heat stress, OTP, no mail, no coffins etc. Scratch worked for the company that started the same services with no notice and operated with far less than 450 complaints in 5 years. Seems his actions with the transport contracts despite unethical were necessary with recent press on wild aviation. With the amount of ex Skytrans dashes sitting on the old runway at CNS getting these contracts right would be a first priority ( to the extent one can with the wrong equipment).
In the current political climate no matter how big the donations are, one seat will likely cost you power, the gulf and west are bitter about the service and they vote. Suspect the new Skytrans with owner being a Mt Isa boy will step up at a considered pace. Hat trick for scratch is my call!