PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 18:22
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unusual - but that's part of the problem

Sir Nigel (on-D), yes, your recitation of the events reads as quite accurate, and the inferences you draw also appear eminently reasonable and measured. Yet....can the "officialdom" apparatus of CAA and CAA-related investigatory bodies, and where involved, law enforcement & investigatory authorities, REALLY be caught this far behind the lickety-split timing of the social media era? Point is, some of this lack of proper sequencing seems largely if not almost entirely traceable back to a kind of fat, gray-suited, out-of-touch bureaucratic mentality which is essentially oblivious to the massively, I say massively shrunken time lag between event and media (including internet) deluge. I know in higher ed, and trucking - both industries in which I have done substantial legal work (hey, 18-wheelers, 18-year-old coeds, it's all the same deal, baby) - getting up to pace with the INSTANT-aneous world these days took a lot of effort. Perhaps BEA and the other authorities are being unfairly and/or accurately criticized in this post....I'll reclaim my two Indian-head pennies, if so.