PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 21:26
Coagie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"mercurydancer:

No. SSRIs do not cause suicidal ideation except in one notorious drug which is no longer available. Seroxat was quite dangerous and many had severe effects from it. Not possible that this pilot was on Seroxat."

Wrong! mercurydancer must be a drug company lobbyist. Prozac especially is known for causing certain people to become simultaneously homicidal and suicidal. Picturing in their mind killing "random, faceless people"(I actually overheard a patient of my Dad's say those very words to my Dad, back in the '90's, when he told him why he wanted to stop taking Prozac. Prozac and drugs like it, have helped millions of people, but, the problem is, there not a way to tell who that "certain" otherwise normal person is, that it will affect in the homicidal and suicidal way. I do know it shouldn't be given to paranoid schizophrenics, but it's given to them all the time. Like I mentioned before, my father has over 60 years dispensing psychotropic drugs from back when the only choices were Thorazine or Whiskey. Of course, maybe Lubitz was just trying to quit smoking on Chantix, but it doesn't seem that someone running foot races would be a smoker in this day and age, even in Europe.