PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 23 DFCs
Thread: 23 DFCs
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 20:24
ex-fast-jets

Received 84 Likes on 22 Posts
I dabbled with helos during my time.

I always enjoyed my brief time flying them - and I was usually very impressed with the folk operating them.

So I am not at all surprised that they have done a superb job on all operations from the Falklands to the more recent Afghan adventure.

Who gets the gong will always be contentious - but to the drivers who got their DFCs, I say very well done, and to those who were in the crew of those who got the DFC, I say that in your own mind, you know that what you did was brave, important, no doubt saved lives, and was a major part of the recognition that generated the DFC. At the end of the day, it is what you think of yourself and your colleagues under fire that is important.

We should all be proud of what our younger comrades have achieved in recent years, and we should all hope that we would have done as well if we had been put under the same pressure and danger.

Great effort by all - aircrew and groundcrew. Welcome home, and may you get a proper break with your families before the next adventure begins!