PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 20:15
Adamski87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Careful Consideration

Two pennies worth from a non pilot whose sister was Senior CC with a major British carrier for three years until recently.

I actually registered for the forum a month or so ago after my GermanWings return flight was cancelled due to the Cockpit Pilot Strike in Feb. I flew back with a "wet lease"?? Carrier in Herts and was interested to know a bit more about them.

Having read every page and post of this thread I think serious consideration has to be made with regard to the mental health of all flight and cabin crew on board. I speak only of secondhand information but the things I have been told it is little wonder this has happened and I'm surprised it hasn't been more frequent.

Another family member still flies with the carrier and is also involved with recruitment of P2F candidates and has backed up what I thought was often incorrect or my sister exaggerations.

I am usually unwilling to support the plight of those I feel are potentially overpaid and with great privilege. Particularly as cabin crew often are on such poor contracts, however, I can only see things improving when those flying and working on our ac are given better working conditions.

I work as a H&S Manager in the nuclear sector and tbh the health, wellbeing and occ health of employees is as important as anything else as it's those staff who generally hold the key to success or failure.

Apologies now if the post is unwelcomed.