PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 20:12
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last sentence is a bit of a nightmare for airlines and regulators to assess... as some have pointed out, there are clear added risks to be evaluated by implementing the policy.

Which is "safer" comes down to someone paid more than me to assess thankfully
Indeed, i'm happy as well that i don't have to make that assessment. As it stands now a "suicide watch" (yes, they call it that in my company) has to stand guard in my flightdeck while my colleague has to go to the loo. The person in question in all likelihood will be some zero hour contract flight attendant with minimal screening and training that will be gone in six months anyway, no identification with the job, with the company or aviation as a concept, paid peanuts and working to the full extent of the law (7 continuous days of 12 hour shifts with minimum rest). And after the GWI case once i dial in a descent (after a clearance of course) i could very likely end up with a crash axe in my head as they suspect i gonna kill them all...

Thank god we don't have any zero hour contract pilots, but for cabin crew those are common and normal contract FAs are declining in numbers every year and at some point they will be nearly completely gone. Easiest way to hijack any aircraft is to show up for FA training and then wait for one of those times...