PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 20:06
num1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With reference to this post QDMQDMQDM

I dont really want to defend the FO, but having had a girl friend may years ago who hat psychosis, the similarities to this guys behaviour are shocking.
When the french prosecutor described what he heard on the tape, it was like he was describing the girlfriend during an acute psychosis, just with better words than i ever could.
The sudden mood change, the short answers, the becoming quiet and turning inward, just what I could see many years ago.

It is hard to imagine with how much effort those people try to live an ordinary life. They appear totally normal, talk with you, joke with you and then announce that they are now going upstairs to tell the CIA to stop to listening.

When the psychosis became acute and the symptoms above set in, hallucinations were quite common. Imagine the floor gone and you can see numerous floors down. Or imagine seeing snakes instead of people or devil heads with flames coming out of the mouth instead of normal people heads.

Now imagine that the big snake next to you has just left the cockpit, your brain is telling you the plane is full of aliens and you are going to save the world by your actions.

not to defend him, just to give you an idea what an acute psychosis could be like.

In the hospital he could have been to get a ct and/or mri, thats standard procedure from psychologists before they describe medicine to make sure that there are no tumors or the like causing this.