PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 02:27
snapsix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree.... But let's not forget the biggest death toll in history was a arrogant training captain who ignored his 'junior staff'. KLM in Tennerife
That was 38 years ago today, btw. It was a chain of events that all started from a single bomb threat. Just proves that even if the plane is flying empty and ATC would be fully automated you cannot exclude the human factor. Apart from making a bomb threat, somebody even codes the software.

I am not a pilot and this is my first post here. Just wanted to tell you guys that as i have followed this discussion from the start this whole discussion has now started to repeat itself and is full of pointless speculation of how to make the aviation safety more complicated so that nobody would have to take a responsibility of themselves and everything would be controlled and supervised by locks and buttons and live camera feeds, cloud computing and whatnot.

If the outcome from Flight 9525 will be that all the commercial flight companies start to follow the 2-in-cockpit policy as it has been under the FAA then i think that's just fine.

I remember being a little boy and being asked to come to see the cockpit with my father. I was so little that all i can remember is those two friendly men laughing and saying something funny in front of all those impressive amount of gauges and buttons and whole bunch of other interesting stuff. It's not possible nowadays to go there anymore and i can't help but wonder how has the work of pilots changed over the years when there is little to none interaction left with the passengers. How much do they realize there is people at the back and how much they just wait the work day to be over.