PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 20:32
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those of you jumping down my throat might like to take note that I was replying to the previous poster who was incredulous that someone with 600 hours was the copilot of a passenger jet, nowhere did I say that the crash was caused solely by the pay to fly culture.

If I wanted to off myself I can think of far easier ways to do it and I would not deliberately take 150 people with me. If I Did want to crash the aircraft I would disconnect the autopilot and dive into the ground, not do a cruise descent into the Alps. If he did do it deliberately then the selection needs to be looked at very hard. On that note, being able to buy your way in May not be the best strategy but it will never change unless the public stop using budget airlines, which they won't.

As for depression, we have all felt pretty low at times but don't commit mass murder which really raises the question what really went on? Again, we may never know, there are too many vested interests in aviation for anything to fundamentally change.