PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 20:20
oldoberon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckflyer
I know a story of a guy during line training, around 120 hours, and captain left cockpit for toilet break!
The guy freaked out during his time alone in the cockpit.
I find it disturbing that the French prosecutor have come with so much, yet incomplete information.

I would think a full investigation should be completed first.

Please correct me if there is something I may have missed.
They claim the captain is heard knocking on the door, there is no mention if he attempted to enter the emergency door entry code!

If this was not entered or remembered, or entered incorrectly, then this blame on the FO is pre-mature!

There however unlikely it seems might have been some incident, maybe even a minor one, overspeed, accidentally doing something but becoming startled or incapacitated!

Maybe in the stress locked the door instead of opening it!

I have a strong feeling that this story still has a few more twists and turns, I don't feel this story adds up.

The emergency door entry code tone would be heard on the cvr, as you have a limited time to enter, however as far as I can see nothing has been mentioned about this.

When all else fails RTFM

http://nicmosis.as.arizona.edu:8000/...329_DSC_25.pdf

if using chrome type this is the FIND box
cockpit door description

click three times and you will read everything about the door it’s physical make up and operation.

After a few pages you will see this

COCKPIT DOOR toggle switch

UNLOCK position : This position is used to enable the cabin crewmember to open the door. The switch must be pulled and maintained in the unlock position until the door is pushed open.

NORM position : All latches are locked, and EMERGENCY access is possible for the cabin crew.

LOCK position : Once the button has been moved to this position, the door is locked ; emergency access, the buzzer, and the keypad are inhibited for a preselected time (5 to 20 min).

Ie you would not hear any attempts to operate the emergency code, additionally GW CEO has stated their delay is set to 5mins so he had to do it twice during an 8 min descent, he was therefore conscious and capable.

As for your he may have got in a mixup, tell us why he didn't call the ground for help. ie hey you guys how do I let my captain back in?

GW CEO has said he doesn't call killing 149 pax suicide.

It was a cold calculated case of murder.