PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe (Experienced Pilot Recruitment)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2015, 21:22
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cgwhitemonk I am one of the "chumps" who joined easyJet having applied in the 2013 recruitment round. I find it highly amusing to be banded together with my fellow colleagues and all described as chumps for paying for a rating.

Many of us are now starting the command process at easy or will be able to very shortly. Possibly to switch seats within two years. With a much higher salary than available at Flybe and in a far, far more profitable and stable company. Of course staying at Flybe with all the uncertainty that still entails was the winners option was it?

I'm not wishing to get involved in a willy waving contest but, really, you can't make up some of the stuff you hear/read on here sometimes.

Just as a bit of further information for FlyerGuy, not all people got DEP with easyJet. Some started on the Parc contract. Actually pretty good money but can't start receiving shares, paying in to the pension etc until that interview for full time after 12 months is done.

At the moment the requirement is only for A320 rated folks. The 2013 window that was open to non rated was closed pretty quickly, leading to a situation where some people who were in the hold pool without a rating were ditched before an offer could be made. You can argue the merits of rated vs non rated employment until the cows come home but, for the moment, that's where we are.

Anyway, back to Flybe!

Last edited by RexBanner; 24th Mar 2015 at 22:11.