PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 15:08
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm being misunderstood. I agree with funky and it would seem logical that if most applied to OAA for example, there would have to be a serious cull of applications meaning you would stand less chance. That is logical in that sense, however when I look at the wider picture and the fact that BA are out to get the best, it doesn't make sense for them to go about the selection in this manner as they would potentially cut out some very good applicants with applicants of slightly lesser quality making it through in a different FTO simply because there were less numbers at their chosen FTO. BA say that isn't how they go about it and CTC have also told me it isn't what they do so I really don't know what the truth is as there are only so many days for which OAA can run selection meaning some good quality will be cut out.

All in all, I don't think BA would settle for lesser quality and those who make it through at Waterside would not have done so based on luck and the numbers that applied to their particular school.

Now I think it's best this argument was put to bed, it pops up every year