PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2015, 20:59
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Max - yeah no doubt the bit would be important.... although that link is to something dated Nov 2013... the words in the quote box are from Dec 2014.

My personal view is that if its been on trail for over a lengthy period it has more than a foot in the door... there is a timely need.... I guess it becomes more a reason for them to find not to buy them.

But just my view.

Captain Oliver Dismore, Flight Operations Director of NPAS, said, "I was tasked by the NPAS Strategic Board to explore opportunities around introducing new generation fixed-wing aircraft to the fleet to enhance our capabilities at modest additional cost. The cutting-edge surveillance equipment (Wescam MX10 and Churchill Augmented Reality System), proposed by Airborne Technologies, is fully integrated into a mission system presented in an ergonomic working environment. This will reduce the workload of the single Tactical Flight Officer crew and will enable the aircraft to perform tasks normally carried out by our helicopters, freeing them up for more time-critical missions.”
If that guy Dismore is still around then it would have to be a huge lemon to backtrack from this gush....

Last edited by Pittsextra; 20th Mar 2015 at 21:14. Reason: edited to add the Dismore quote