PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada still interested in CSeries as potential Embraer replacement
Old 20th Mar 2015, 20:12
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be great to see them shed Learjet. It would have been greater to see them divest themselves of Learjet a couple of years ago. But, there you go. Timing is everything, isn't it? Certainly, before CSeries first flight, would have made more sense.
With CL415 production suspended, they might as well sell or terminate IT along with Lear.

Writers like to point out that the CSeries is "intended to challenge Airbus and Boeing's single-aisle models", but it should also be remembered that that challenge is in a specific seating capacity range and the models A&B offer in that range. If the CSeries is a threat at all, (which I believe it is) it's to the A318s and B737-600s specifically. However, both those models are essentially not sold any more so I fail to see where the suggested 'intent' to challenge has even the slightest of meanings in this context.

I suppose writers of articles have to put something down to make it interesting.
Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 20th Mar 2015 at 20:23.