PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian Government Orders Mass Employment of Nigeria Pilots
Old 20th Mar 2015, 16:24
1PilotGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Nigerian Pilots Should Stop COMPLAINING! Take Responsibility

Thanks for the links and comment.

I am Nigerian. Lived in U.S. I am also American' I served Enlisted the U.S Navy within the Naval Aviation field. I have many marketable operational skills. Unlike pilots complaining about debt and unemployment, I took the debt free route by working hard, not and paying my way for my flight training out of pocket for (85%-90% of my training). No huge loans. Pay as i go. I hate debt. It took me a few years longer, but I very careful and livie comfortably. I'm very current in flying skills and knowledge. Currently teaching students which I enjoy very much. I am building flight hours and experiences (using ADM, Fundamentals Of Instructing, Situaltional Awareness, Resource Management, and of course Aviating, Navigating, and Communicating skills).

I am not better than anyone, I am not more fortunate, I do not claim to be smarter, I am not trying to be an Asshole or harsh, or talk down to anyone. But WE pilots really need to be smarter in our decision making. WE RELY ON EMOTIONS WAY TO MUCH! WE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS AND POOR DECISIONS! Pilots need to manage their training costs and reduce the risks placed on other family members livelihood if using other people's money!

These guys in debt need to stop complaining and blamming others. Managing risks and costs is a very important life skill. They knew the risks involved.

It's like a flight school that tells you "you need to get your Multi Private Pilot License first before for Single Engine Private pilot...." I would and have told them to "kiss my a$$$." I found another flight school not trying to waste my money. I studied and did my part! I worked hard for my money! Why pay for my multi private and accumulate interest on a use-less certificate I will not be using for a couple of years?

The certifications I need to build experience most affordably is: PVT PILOT, IR, COM-Single Engine, CFI-A (Single Engine), CFII (Instrument instructor). That is all I need to build flight hours!

After getting my 1,000 to 1,500 hrs When the time is right to build multi engine flight experience (so that I'm current and fresh) I will get my COM-Multi... Why rush to get all the certifications (like B737, and multi eng certificate like these Nigerian pilots are doing), when its flight hours the Airlines want most!?

Get FLIGHT HOURS IN SINGLE ENGINE AS CHEAP & SAFE AS POSSIBLE! DOES NOT HAVE TO BE GLASS COCKPIT NEW AIRPLANE! I can get that later, takes 5-10hrs to get use to.

The articles piss me off because PILOTS OUT THERE NEED TO BE SMARTER, AND DO THEIR HOMEWORK/RESEARCH BEFORE SPENDING $XX,XXX AND ACCUMULATING HUGE INTEREST DEBT FOR A JOB THAT IS NOT GUARANTEED.

JUST BECAUSE YOU TOOK OUT $60,000 LOAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE OWED ANYTHING, OR ANY JOB. Likewise, neither does a 4yr College Degree guarantee anything or any job.

This view point makes me different. I'm making the personal sacrifice to GAIN experience and get the job I want, I've paid my dues over and over again. BUT, Nobody owes me anything. I can go out and get the job b