PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada still interested in CSeries as potential Embraer replacement
Old 17th Mar 2015, 12:14
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar Airways was never a serious CSeries buyer. The C Series simply doesn't fit with QRs fleets of aircraft or route structure. Never did. Based on Mr. aB's taunting of A&B, who's truly comfortable with them as a customer anyway?

It would seem odd to me that any aerospace company (insert whatever name you like here), especially one who's business it is of designing and building aeroplanes for the airlines of this world, would fear bankrupting themselves over the challenge of designing, testing, certifying and manufacturing a completely new aircraft. Otherwise, where would the B787 or A380 have come from AND which was certified "on time"?

It remains to be seen whether or not this company will end up bankrupt over the C Series or become a smashing success. But one things for sure and certain, it looks friggin' awesome and I'm sure pilots are going to enjoy flying it. Especially the 300 model.

I'll say it again, the day the CRJ received certification, Bombardier only had a commitment of 12 firm orders. Look how many they sold. C Series has already outsold numerous existing aircraft types based on their day of certification. Including the B737.

C Series is scheduled to fly at Paris in June.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 17th Mar 2015 at 12:45.