PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Falcon 2000 appreciated
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2015, 06:42
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If going to a Dassault center like in Paris; you need to leave one of your engineer on site in order to watch them, especially if you are not on an all-inclusive contract. I have not been using DFS for a while ( as maintenance station), but if they had convinced themselves about something ( obviously incorrect), you will not stop them in burning manpower in order to prove themselves correct, they are a bit ( sic) stubborn. Then comes the bill.... This is why, you will save money by having your own mechanic on site, that will stop them on doing idiotic things... and amendments to work orders to be signed BEFORE not after the job was done...

All in all, having flown falcons for years ( all models) they are getting more and more reliable, even if the 50EX/900EX are still the best aircrafts to take out in the middle of nowhere for days.

As far as the brakes are concerned, of course they are very good brakes and had no issues with them, just the deceleration on the CL300 is VERY efficient, and i was surprised with it when I test flew the plane before its certification, but this is around 15 years ago ( ****...15 years..) the CL300 is a Falcon 50EX on two engines. But with Nietjets order, i would stay out of this airframe for a while. The 2000 will be 30% more expensive to run, but hey ! You have a Dassault !!