PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Old Fella
Thread: To Old Fella
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2015, 04:04
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A - B - C Scales

Frogman, as I indicated I am aware that there is no comparison with the pay scales of my day and those on offer today. Dropknee seems to think that, or at least infer, that I may be independently wealthy. Unlike a lot of others in my era I resigned at a time of my choosing, not because of any issue with the company, but simply because I had a desire to live back in my homeland. I did not leave with a sack full of loot. I did not complete ten years of CX service so I do not have any travel entitlements and I did not spend freely whilst in HK. I realised early on that the "bubble" had a limited life and so I saved as hard as I could without being a hermit. Life after CX has been kind and I am happy living out my retirement with modest means. Your comment on C scale crew would, I think, be the very reason that they should look elsewhere despite the comments of CCA. I cannot think of any worse situation than working in an environment where conditions are such that life is one long unhappy cycle and no light exists at the end of the tunnel. I sincerely hope that conditions improve and that others can look forward to going to work, as I did. Good luck to all.