PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dangerous Appointment
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2015, 16:10
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dangerous Appointment

Hallo Polaris ... I'm punting my book on here (with the Mods kind permission) on the basis I get enough publicity and hopefully decent feedback to obtain proper publication. So a big YES ... please pass the typescript around to as many pilot and other mates as you feel happy with. A PM to me with an e-mail address will have the typescript e-mailed back the same day. That goes for all pp readers.

My yarn involves a helicopter pilot who get tricked into making a 1000 mile flight at night across the Great Lakes and down the Saint Lawrence river to a luxury yacht waiting in the Atlantic. When he discover the identity of his passenger, he set out to sabotage the ransom plan. The kidnap villains are our old friends, the IRA who team up with ISIS, so there's a heavy political element to the story.

I am still running a helicopter scholarship for youngsters, but have totally run out of the required financé. IF the book sold just 1500 copies, that would ensure the scholarship for 2015. It seems likely things will have to get put forward to 2016. I've got the offer of a hangar and will do the instructing myself. Just need enough for the helicopter, fuel and associated costs of course.

And yes ... Mick Cullen is running his 'Webinar' show this Sunday at 12.00 hrs UK London time. I'd love the chance to talk 'live' with any pps and/or professionals in the rotary industry. If interested ... check in with Mick Cullen. Mind, I do 'rabbit' on a bit! Regards to all. Dennis K.