PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save the UK Police Air Support - e-petition
Old 1st Mar 2015, 17:20
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
RP;
The like of Silso can not defend the wasted time and money such as the railway incident I quoted.

Sorry RP, I didn't realise I had to justify every police helicopter deployment to you, however, as you ask;

I take it this is the Sidcup railway incident you refer to;

'7 police cars and vans and a helicopter' called to Sidcup station after man prevents train from leaving (From This Is Local London)

If you would care to read the detail, there were two men involved, one of which ran along the railway line to escape the police.

A police spokesman said: "We were called to Sidcup railway station just after 10pm after a report of a man preventing a train from leaving by obstructing the doors.

"BTP officers attended, alongside colleagues from the Metropolitan Police Service, and stopped two men close to the station.

Eyewitness - "I believe that one of them possibly ran off down the track towards Albany Park. The police were checking between the houses in Faraday and the chopper was over Abbeyhill park."
According to you it was "just a bloke holding the door open for his mate", however someone running down a railway line is a little more life threatening than that now isn't it?

Wasn't it earlier said on a similar thread that the main priority for air support is saving life .....