PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 16:15
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry people, but can we refrain from all this verbal diarrhoea about connecting Newquay and other regional airports to Heathrow when a third runway is built. It is not going to happen it is a political and planning nightmare for which ever party is in control or not - maybe the Scots Nats? heaven forbid.
Obviously the subject is hypothetical as the indecison and dithering will continue, but contributors want to discuss it.

Just because you appear not to understand, it is unkind of you to refer to it as verbal diarrhoea. Perhaps try reading it again? slowly?

Let me say I am all for having a third runway at Heathrow it is the only logical conclusion in my humble opinion but as most of us know we did have a third runway until somebody decided to build Terminal 4 at one end of it.
So can we move on to some practical discussions please.
The former third rwy you refer to was a cross rwy and could not be used simultaneously with the two main rwys and was effectively surplus to requirement. Consequently it was never used once aircraft were capable of taking off/landing in crosswinds.

It was rightly scrapped in favour of an extra terminal.