PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates working conditions.....
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 15:32
theidler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is one way the 9th floor could try and improve moral and actually retain people whose bucket is slopping over, actually ask folk which type of routes they actually want to fly.
Isn't that what CRS is? Each month we put a request in for where we want to fly to and then two or three weeks later we find out where the company is actually sending us. If we're lucky there might be a mild resemblance between the two. Until a few months ago I did quite well. More recently not so well and next month I have over a 100 hours of flying east when I bid just west.

Meanwhile on the swaps board all the trips west I want to do are there but I can't swap onto any of them because my schedule is too tight or there's a secret rule banning the swap. The trips west are up there for swap because the people who bid east were given west. Figure that out.

CRS is only in place to bring up at roadshows and selections to give the impression of a forward thinking and employee minded company. It doesn't need to actually work.