PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class 1 and childhood asthma
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 08:47
EpaX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in almost exactly the same position as aweeasean at the moment; I also was naive but honest and listed mild asthma as a childhood medical condition despite not having to use relievers (Ventolin) for many years (although I did sometimes use steroid puffers [Symbicort] to treat asthma-related coughs). CASA then requested a full report of my asthma condition, to which my GP provided which dated back to 2010. CASA however requested a more recent spirometry test, so I went to a hospital to do the test. According to that test, there were significant changes between pre- and post-bronchodilator use, indicating that my asthma was still active to an extent. Being naive again, I sent that test's results to CASA immediately, to which CASA may or may not accept.
If they don't accept, I guess I will have to undergo the same process as aweeasean and take puffer treatment for a few weeks before undergoing another spirometry test.

Family and friends keep berating me for even writing asthma down as a condition, seeing that I haven't needed treatment for so long. They berated me further for sending the poor spirometry test results to CASA - they say I should have taken treatment first to produce good spirometry test results, and then only send the good results to CASA. But I think this is dishonest and may have consequences and risks to my health (e.g. what if my asthma kicks in in the skies and I don't have mandatory treatment with me?) Any thoughts? Was I right to send the poor spirometry test results first?