PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to Fly (P2F) in Asian carriers
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 05:38
Long Range Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay to Fly (P2F) in Asian carriers

Hi guys,
Been reading many threads and posts and things look quite difficult for a new comer or someone willing to move to a bigger airline without jet experience.
I'm a turboprop FO with aprox. 2500hrs total time and hold an ICAO ATPL.
I have been looking for a chance to get an upgrade on a jet (either B737 or A320).
Been months I sent CVs everywhere and the same answer kept coming...."You should be a local to be considered and if expat have a type rating and 500 hours on type"
It's challenging given there is no airline in my country of origin and I don't want to be stuck on a turboprop for the rest of time.
The option of P2F is here and if this is what the industry wants, I have no choice.
There are not many reliable P2F options out there.
I wrote to WORLD WINGS AVIATION. They never responded. They neither take your phone calls or reply to any emails.
I wrote to ATRANS on [email protected] and they never replied me back. I phoned them on their number (310) 721-7725 and it seems to be a wrong number. They seem to be working with Asian carriers.
If they exist and are reliable, does anyone have their contacts or proper phone numbers?
Also, I mailed and contacted the guys at Jet Training in UK.
[email protected]
They responded to my surprise.
They are quoting the 500 hours line training and 1 year job contract at EURO 62,000. It's so hard given such an investment with no work guarantee in the end.
I've never expected that one day I will have to think of the P2F option but I will have no choice in the end.
Can you guys out there in the industry give some updates on reliable and trustworthy P2F options?
Positive feedback and precise information will be appreciated here.