PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Fumes
Thread: Cabin Fumes
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2015, 13:42
Arfur Dent

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is quite a damning report and has been described as a 'potential tsunami' for the Airline Industry. Failure to even acknowledge that there is a problem is typical of the owners of Airlines. Apparently, only about 10% of us are susceptible to these 'organophosphate compounds'. Frequent travellers, especially aircrew, are most at risk so why doesn't the Industry fit some monitoring device that would tell if exposure levels were not acceptable?
I'll leave you to guess but, as always, it starts with M and ends in Y. When this particular tsunami strikes, there probably won't be an Airline Industry and we'll revert to travelling less and going by sea. Why? Can you imagine the cost of 10% of us taking our Dear Employers to Court for compensation claims related to them deliberately and negligently exposing us to toxic fumes for our entire careers. I hope you're remaining fit Old Fella - you're obviously in the 90% group - me too I suspect. If 10% of Cathay pilots and Cabin crew are in the wrong group - that's a hell of a lot of people (and their Families) who will be affected - and that's just CX.
Enter yet another time bomb!!!...............