PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trans Asia pilots fail flight test
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2015, 15:29
cxhk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 accidents since 1995! Yea Trans asia is training their pilots to a high standard!

Highflyer40...yes um putting the whole region in the same basket! It is well known that with all of the growth that has happened in Asia, management is more than happy to drop the standards and put any warm body in the seat.

Look at the USA where they now have a minimum 1500 hour limit to sit in the right seat! What is it over here? Zero hours for cx. 250 hours you considered experienced!

Yes I'm going to paint the whole region with this paintbrush!
Frogman, I love how you use the recently enacted 1500 hours minimum for airline flying and use it to bash the rest of the world standard. The last I heard the reason why the NTSB / congress forces the FAA to force minimum of an ATP hours For airline flying is because the previous crash (the buffalo one) where you have a 6000 hours American pilot who failed to react correctly during a stall induced by icing. He pull up on a stick shaker. What a bloody shock! If you want to talk training standard, almost everyone know that FAA license requirement and training in the USA is a joke compare to the rest of the world like Europe and Australia. Yes in Asia, there are some outfits that train their pilot poorly, but I can also tell you that there are many operator who train pilot in asia much better than any of the U.S. carrier. Even the good old CX has more training and checking then your average US mainline pilot (and we are already complaining about the reduce training).