PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2015, 05:23
WrldWide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
khnzore,

I understand your frustration, however a few points.
Myself and my training partner were not TR and were trained on t7, capt and fo. QR does hire non tr pilots as well as tr pilots. At the end of the day it boils down to supply and demand. QR chooses who they want.

Surely you do not belong to the mindset that feels they have some entitlement, because if you are of that mindset your chances are likely hampered by that perspective.

Anyone that is only applying to QR and waiting, whether in the pool or not, is seriously limiting ones options. There is no loyalty from companies toward employees and the return should also be true if one wants a full rewarding career in this business. Looking for a good airline job requires the shotgun approach of applying and when offered a job making a decision at that point of whether or not to accept that offer. Until an offer is proffered, I would recommend one apply to any and all companies that one would like to work for.

Cheers