PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates working conditions.....
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2015, 12:25
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've said it before...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yoK6BzZOYxs

Why? The best metaphor I can find happens at the end of the RTGS day along with a pervasive culture of short term gain based around having no checks and balances in decision making.
I see so many parallels with the combined intelligence failures of the CIA, FBI and NSA that has led to calamity and collateral damage due to a lack of oversight and an over reliance on "data" rather than quality HUMIT, with how EK have pursued a similar HR policy based on negative interactions, fear, and of course the localization of certain key positions that places little faith or credence in their "employee" (resource) input and satisfaction.
It's now coming home to roost, and of course at certain levels there will NEVER be an admission of any culpability.
Airlines are a people business, if you treat your staff poorly, eventually the people element is lost and the business suffers, but it's only when you begin to haemorrhage staff and can't replace them that the bean counters can quantify the cost, by then however it costs 3-5 times as much to repair as it would have if you had engaged the staff originally.