PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Once upon a time there was Air Nauru.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2015, 23:08
down3gr33ns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ON have a pretty good on time record.

Like all airlines there is the odd disruption but their reliability compares favourably with others. With the reported delivery of yet another aircraft in the coming weeks, the reliability can only get better with the ability to substitute an aircraft at short notice should any problems arise.

How do I know? I'm a regular on their services to/from Nauru and connect to the southern states.

Just make your connection time allowance sensible and not like some of those I travel with!!! I've seen some with a one hour connection - booked by their travel agents who didn't even seem to realise the need to get from one terminal to another which in itself can take 45 minutes (train, bus or taxi - the latter is quicker if you're prepared to put up with a whinging taxi driver complaining about a short trip). One tip, go to the domestic check in counters in the arrivals area of the international terminal and check in there. They take your bags and you are now "in the system" for your domestic sector.

I allow a minimum of 2 hours which has been on rare occasions a little tight. Usually as a result of Air Traffic Control imposing some holding on the inbound flight which is not the fault of the airline, or any airline for that matter. Schedule is usually a 5:10pm arrival so I go for something after 7:30pm. I guess the availability of suitable flights depends on where you're heading. I don't mind cooling my heels a bit if I get there quickly and it takes the pressure off - one airline will put you on an earlier flight if you strike the right person. I've had that happen about 20% of the time but it needs to be negotiated at your check in. Once your bags have disappeared into the void they won't entertain any change.

Last edited by down3gr33ns; 10th Feb 2015 at 23:20. Reason: Spelling.