PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2015, 13:02
Arch113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applying from Australia

Hey guys,

I was wondering what are my chances to be considered as a cadet for Cathay Pacific despite lacking a HK Permanent ID card.

Before you all think me mad, let me explain!

I am on my final year of high school in Australia and will be 18 next year. I am currently attempting to acquire a Dependent Visa / Entry Permit for HK as my parents are both from Hong Kong. This will allow me to "work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HKSAR." This was taken from the HK gov website.

Of course being raised in Australia had it's benefits as I am fluent with my English. As well as this, I am also fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin as I have graduated from an extra-curricular Chinese School last year.

Furthermore, I also have 30 minutes of flight experience as I have taken a Trial introductory Flight (TiF)... although I am not sure how much this will help!

I have already sent an enquiry email to Cathay Pacific's recruitment address earlier today, but I was simply wondering if by any rare chance someone had already experienced this on this forum and is willing to give some advice.

Apologies for the long post!