PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Aviation.... the moral dilemma!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2015, 16:43
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of interesting comments and thoughts…

As someone still relatively new to the word of private aviation, I have to admit that some parts of the associated cost to what I do during a trip, and the way it is viewed by a charter company or by the flight crew has taken me aback a little. But, for me it is a case of a mind set adjustment coming from a commercial operator where everything is about penny pinching and the likes.

The main bit I am, of course, involved in is the catering. Commercially, I don't think about it. I get on a plane and everything is just "there". But, when I get to see catering bills on the aircraft, and see how much individual items cost, it is certainly a little breath taking at times. However, the more experience I have gained, the more I understand the costs to the supplier and their suppliers too. And, yes, there is waste, but there will always be waste from humans. I order food based on a flight length, departure time, arrival time, passenger profile and history etc. but if he/she/they get on and decide they are just tired and want to sleep… Who am I to worry? They have paid for it.

As for their financial affairs, they are no business of mine. As long as I get paid for the job I have done and any expenses in regard to the flights worked reimbursed, then I am happy. It I get a "thank you", all the better, if not, no worries.