PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New GCAA Flight Time Limitations - It Could Not Be Any Worse
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 23:42
Outatowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since the turn of the century I've watched a series of regressive steps in T&Cs with the exception of a couple of years around 2005-2007 where significant payrises were awarded which were subsequently erased with the increase to the overtime thresholds. You rolled with it all. But this if true it is truly depressing. I'm truly glad I have applications in with other airlines now. I no longer care about a pay cut, I just want to leave, under controlled conditions.

Speaking of overtime,
A few weeks later we will then have it taken back in the following manner:
Rostered up to 105 hrs per colander month,
No credit for bunk time toward annual limit
Max of three days off at a time.

As long as all those hours are credit hours, that won't cut your salary. It's more flying hours in a colander month will mean more salary due to overtime plus the flying pay. Except that the latest rumour I heard is the overtime threshold will be raised to 97/98/99/100 per month. If true, THAT'S where they'll take back some of the pay rise. They've used this sneaky trick before and it's nothing new or clever.

The hourly rate they are forced to pay their pilots must always go down in real terms. That's part of their rule of greed.