PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 2nd Feb 2015, 11:18
Volume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the olden days during down time (yes I am showing my age here!) you would see instructors discussing flying matters in the briefing room and/or with the books out having a spirited debate about stalling etc and how it should be taught. I rarely see such things these days.
Nowadays instructors are strictly banned from discussing, how things should be taught. It is set in stone in the regulatory documents what should be taught and how. This is called standardisation... Instructors are not paid for improving flight instruction, even they are paid for following standard procedures. Years ago standards were defining the absolute baseline, and everybody tried to be better. Nowadays standards are exactly what you should do, "be better" means "not following the standards"... And you are replaced with a cheaper model which does exactly follow it. Excellence is not existing any more.
Probably that way it will become self fulfilling prophecy, that pilotless aircraft are safer than piloted ones...