PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 31st Jan 2015, 13:34
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we can all agree that if we were all privy to the actual CVR transcript and FDR data we could make a better guess on what really happened to AirAsia.

Press reports, citing people ''in the know'' or "familiar with the investigation" can end up sending us all on a wild goose chase.

When I read the article, posted here by BG47, I thought: Company Man, trying to trouble shoot "INTERMITTENT" problem that could not be reproduced on the ground by Mx. Didn't want to get stuck at the next stop with a plane that would be grounded somehow.

Sometimes pilots have been given information by other sources which allow them to think they KNOW BETTER or KNOW MORE on how to get things done. I've seen it before, not to this tragic end however.

ADVICE:

IF you are having ANY Problems with a plane, do not get close to a hazard like a thunderstorm. Instead, stay way far away from additional hazard and accomplish checklist WHILE MAINTAINING CONTROL OF THE PLANE.

DO not go into thunderstorm without both pilots securely strapped in to their seats and have an "OUT" in case things get too hairy.

I do not know how the legal system works in indonesia. BUT BOY OH BOY I would think the lawsuits could cripple air asia if in a country like the USA.