PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2015, 00:32
No-More-Bullschit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Tee
Let me try and explain. I haven,t quite reached the 74 years living next to the airport which you deem necessary to be able to be form an opinion regarding what I and many others find to be an annoying intrusion to our quality of life. I "have" lived next to the airport for well over fifty years and in all that time the only other reason we have had cause to complain was when the Police operated the "Islander" with it's very noisy piston engines. Lots of us where regularly woken in the dead of night by that aircraft droning around at low level, flaps deployed and high power settings. Thankfully that is a thing of the past. The "normal" airport movements of departures, arrivals and circuit training of all types from club light aircraft to passenger jet transports are not a problem as their noise "footprint" and duration is generally quite short.
I'm sorry an airport is there to serve aircraft of all shapes and sizes, noisy or quiet it doesn't matter, like I said, unless people have lived there for over 74 years the airport was there first and therefore has 'right of way', surely when you bought the house you did so knowing that noise would be a factor? I'm sorry but as far as I can see local residents of any airport do not and should not have a leg to stand on.

The Para Drop aircraft operation can in no way be described as normal for an operational "Airport" and is more suited to a rural flying club. The aircraft used is noted as being particularly noisy and the practice of climbing to "drop height" in the overhead before a rapid descent, re-load and repeat the process is intrusive and annoying.
Wrong, there's nothing that states an International or Regional airport cannot branch out into all forms of aviation, I even recall there's a Heathrow-sized airport somewhere in the world that has such traffic, albeit with a separate mini-runway in a very remote corner.

Originally Posted by Highwideandugly
It seems to me that Peel are trying very hard to give the impression that they actually care about the airport...without actually doing much at all and certainly not putting their hand in their pocket!

New Ga policy
Para school
Microlight training
A master plan

Not much input Methinks and certainly not much income.
The new GA policy is working, if they didn't care about the airport why release a master plan at all? And don't say to make it look like they care because a company like Peel do not give a monkeys about appearances, others have said it before if they wanted the place shut they would have years ago.

If you're going to criticise, take a leaf out of SWBKCBs book - he tries to see both sides instead of attacking the airport at every opportunity.

This is a harsh attitude to take, but by the time any house hunter looks at buying a new house near the terminal, the money from the housing land will already be in the airports coffers, therefore the airport do not need to care and can focus on the rest of the master plan.

The likes of Skydiving and Microlights may not bring in very much money, but the more companies that start-up/move in it will soon build up, and if they keep attracting companies at the rate they have been, it won't be long before they've got a good bit of rent pouring in.

Originally Posted by Beafer
As its been said before
Yeah - mostly by you
Originally Posted by Beafer
The 250 acres which Peel got for nothing
One acre for every time you've mentioned it, your repetitiveness certainly gives several on here a head-acre