PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2015, 09:36
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It’s good that you obtained that piece of feedback, I assume you have been thoroughly debriefed on your performance? If not phone up and ask. I’m pretty skeptical as to what group exercises show but nonetheless they are a hurdle between you and the job. A lot of it is just basic manners and common sense such as maintaining eye contact when someone is speaking, don’t interrupt, don’t shoot down others etc... but part of it is being able to show you can “lead” not by attempting to take charge but rather by “steering” the conversation should it be going round in circles. It’s imperative to read the instructions very carefully before launching into the task and contributing your thoughts. I’ve not done the Oxford assessment but the CTC one sounds very similar, the environment is very serious as it’s essentially a job interview.

Take the time to critique your own performance, what went well? Where do you feel you could perform better? And how will you make those changes to improve your performance next time round?

I do not intend for this to sound rude or for any arrogance on my part but you weren’t selected for a course which you ultimately pay the company a lot of money for, so it’s important to understand where you went wrong and maybe take a bit of time out and gain some of the skills that potential recruiters are looking for before launching yourself into the next application without making any changes to you as a person.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Best of luck