PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 14th Jan 2015, 16:00
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To justforfun, mudman

On the previous page, number 101, are posted results of photos I got last night. And can add that there are many more photos today. The mr 1 in my post is the same as mr 4 by the way.

Bit worrying having some guy using a cutting torch to chop it up without - from the pics apparently - nobody in authority guiding/controlling him.
On the first photos that you find (Google) you do not see a supervisor. I had the same question that you had. Later I found the mr 1 photo, which shows a person who appears to be supervising closely. In other photos he may stand behind the wreckage. Hope this helps.

Would be interesting to know why they cut it this way, and why in this manner. Hope to find an answer in the Prelim or Final Report.

Also note that the 'strip with windows' that I mentioned in my post on 101, was mangled further when they pulled the tail wreckage onboard the Crest Onyx. Was searching for photos that show this, and there are a few.