PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 10:08
Mick Stuped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't get it. Re read my post. It isn't a deal breaker it's a rule of thumb. I said we review logbooks for signs of struggle. Don't insult me with a reason or excuse that it took you twice as long to get your CPL because your instructor didn't understand you needs. This excuse has been given before. After 30 odd years and thousands of CV,s we have indicators to look for. We know how long each section of training should take to achieve. We take into account different types of training. These are all indicators. 150 and 75 single time was a good example we have found in the past as an indicator. It however isn't the only thing we look at. However if you come in with 250 to 75 single, I say pile 2. Remember we are only looking for basic day single VFR pilots. I don't care if you have MECIR. I am looking for an intelligent common sense pilot that can think for themselves, that are keen and willing to improve, willing to jump in and do something as basic as cleaning their plane and don't wait to be told. We also look for all those things that help handle stress in a changing environment. After looking through lots of logbooks they will tell a story.